The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s ad hoc Sablefish Management and Trawl Allocation Attainment Committee (SaMTAAC) met, October 9-10, 2019 in Portland, Oregon.
At its meeting, the SaMTAAC continued their work to develop alternatives that address obstacles to achieving the goals and objectives of the groundfish trawl catch share plan related to under-attainment of non-sablefish shorebased trawl allocations. The SaMTAAC’s work on alternatives was presented at the November 2019 Pacific Council meeting.
Based on its proceedings at this meeting, the SaMTAAC provided a progress report to the Council (Agenda Item H.7.a, SaMTAAC Report 1; November 2019 briefing book).
- October 2019 Meeting Agenda
- Agenda Item D.2, NMFS Report: National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Report on the Purpose and Need Statement
- Agenda Item D.3, Attachment 1: Goals, Objectives and National Standards
- Agenda Item D.4, Attachment 1: SaMTAAC Principles (From October 2018)
- Agenda Item E.1, Alternatives: SaMTAAC Action Alternatives
- Agenda Item E.2, Attachment 1: Analysis of Sablefish Management and Trawl Allocation Attainment Issues
- Agenda Item E.2, Supplemental Attachment 2: Supplement to: Analysis of Sablefish Management and Trawl Allocation Attainment Issues
- Agenda Item E.3, NMFS Report 1: National Marine Fisheries Service Report.
- Agenda Item E.3, NMFS Report 2: NWFSC Review of WDFW QS Owner Scoring Method
- Agenda Item F.1, Attachment 1: Key Questions Remaining To Fully Develop Each Alternative.
- SaMTAAC Analysis Powerpoint
- Public Comment 1: Cohen
- Public Comment 2: Trawl Stakeholders 1
- Public Comment 3: OTC
- Public Comment 4: WCSPA
- Public Comment 5: Pacific Seafood
- Public Comment 6: Stake Holder Alternative 2
- Public Comment 7: Stake Holder Alternative 2 Rationale
- Public Comment 8: Lackey
- Public Comment 9: Lackey Powerpoint